Saturday, September 14, 2013

Last Day @ Gymnastics

My little gymnast.
 
Sadly, after 3 years of being at Elite Gymnastics in Burnsville, it came time for us to leave.  Elite has been such a great gym for Sophia over the years and she has learned so much and actually became a gymnast.  It makes me so unbelievingly proud to watch my little girl practice.  I was a gymnast from age 3-18 and coached from age around 15-22.  Needless to say, gymnastics has been a huge part of my life and some of my best memories from my childhood have to do with gymnastics.  When we started Sophia in gymnastics I didn't know if she would like it or turn out to be good at it, but, she did!  Now, she loves to go to practice and loves to learn new skills and is really talented.  I coached girls her age and know the things to look for and I would have wanted her on my team.  I really am not just saying that because I am her mom.
Anyway, the last 3 years have been great.  Now that we have moved to Chaska, Elite is just too far away for us to drive.  I was even a bit choked up as we left the gym for the last time.
In Chaska, we do live pretty close to some good gyms so we will have to get her started back into it this fall or winter.  I just hope we can find a gym that has treated us as good as Elite.
Here are some pictures from Sophia's last day at Elite....

Sophia working on the bars.

Her coach spotting her on a fairly new skill.

Chalking up...

Sophia is a hard worker...here she practicing and practicing.

Happy girl!

Sophia being spotted on her cast handstands...

Wow!  Look at how pretty that looks!  Go Soph!

Sophia and her teammates on the beams.



Sophia and her coach, Maddie.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment