Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tons of Holiday Cheer!


Gavin and Daddy cuddling on the couch and reading a book together.

This last weekend was a wonderful holiday extravaganza not to mention great quality family time!



Sophia cuddling with Millie.



My 3 little ones.



To start off the holiday fun, we took the kids to see Santa where Patrick works. Last year we did the same thing and they both were shy but sat on his lap...not so much this year. They would barely look at him much less sit on his lap even though Miss Sophia couldn't wait to see him. Oh well. Sophia wants a telescope (not sure where that idea came from) and a little giraffe (she wanted one that we saw at a store the day earlier more than she has ever wanted anything else before) and Gavin wants a fishing pole. I sure hope that they have been good kids this year!






Gavin eating his Christmas cookie that he got from one of Santa's elves.



Our next holiday experience was decorating our big Christmas tree downstairs ( I have had the rest of our house decorated actually before Thanksgiving this year....yeah, I know, maybe a bit much, but I just love decorating for Christmas!). The kids loved getting all the ornaments out and ready for me to hang on the tree. It was so fun telling them stories and reminising about past Christmas experiences.

On a side note: Sophia picked out this crystal sparkling heart ornament out of the pile that we had on the floor and told me that she really liked this one. My heart ached as I told her that the pretty heart ornament once belonged to my Aunt Arlys who is sadly not around anymore. I was so thankful for this chance to tell my daughter about someone who was so good to me and a beloved relative. This is what Christmas is all about....


Decorating the tree with the family:)


Later that night, we took the kids for their first time to downtown Minneapolis to Macy's Santaland and the Holidazzle Parade. Their was a beautiful light snow and the evening turned out to be super fun for us all not to mention a bit hectic. Here is Sophia in front of one of the many Christmas displays at Macy's Santaland.









The singing Christmas trees.



Soph & Gav.



More singing Christmas trees.






Me and my girl.



Daddy and Gav.



Macy's sure had some pretty cool displays!



Patrick posing with the kids.



Myself at the Holidazzle Parade............the kids just loved it! Well, I had quite a good time too!



Little Gavin all bundled up waiting for the next float to come.


The next day we celebrated Christmas with Patrick's brother, Jeff, his wife, Susie and their kids, Chase and Owen. I have no pictures of the event because I forgot my camera...........yeah, not too happy about that. Anyway, it was a great time and the kids had lots of fun with their cousins. Yes, it was a wonderful family/Christmas weekend. These are the times that I live for.

No comments:

Post a Comment