Monday, August 5, 2013

SD/Blackhills Vacation-Part 1

 In mid-July we took a road trip to the Blackhills in SD.  My brother, Lane came with us and we met my parents there.  It was a beautiful and relaxing vacation with lots of good family time.  We all had such a good time!  Here the kids are at our first stop, The Traveler's Welcome Center, to gather some good info. and directions for our upcoming adventures.
 
Our first stop was Reptile Gardens.
 
The alligators were an impressive favorite...


 Our family.
 
 And one with Lane too:)  I love G's look on his face in this one!
 
 Creepy snakes...
 
 Sophia was not the least bit squeamish of the any of the reptiles.
 
Poor little Gav had a tummy ache and wanted to be held like this as we walked around to see the animals.  I felt so bad for him as well as Patrick and Lane who took turns carrying him.
 

A really old tortoise.

The gang gazing over at the enormous creature.

Uncle Lane and little G.

Patrick and Sophia popping up in the prairie dog field.....


 Our pretty little girl.

We met my parents up at the cabin next.  Here my is Nana Bobbie reading the kids a story.

The scenery was just breathtakingly beautiful where our cabin was.  It was so great waking up to that view.  Here Patrick is ready to go out fishing...

G is up and looking for wildlife.

Sophia is all smiles at breakfast.

3 serious fisherman...

And now their lighter side:)


 Patrick, Sophia, Papa Ken, Gavin and Lane.
 
Gavin and Sophia doing some exploring...


 Patrick and my Dad doing some fishing...
 

The kids just loved running around the open grassland and exploring the area!

Nana Bobbie and the kids going for a little stroll.

Lane doing some fishing along the shore.

So pretty.



Despite all their fishing efforts, Lane was the only one that caught a trout.  Here he proudly shows off his catch.

'
The guys clean up the trout in anticipation for a mighty tasty appetizer.

Daddy & Sophia...so cute. 
 
Lane relaxing in the sun.

Cute little Gav.

Me and my girl...




 Papa Ken with his 2 grandchildren.
I love this one!
 
 Uncle Lane with his niece and nephew.
 
 Mom and Dad with the kids.
 

 Me and my 2 babes.
 
 G-man.
 
 Patrick and I....
 
Love this one:)


Our family.


Patrick and his 2 boys:)

And a couple more of me and Sophia...

 
Stay tuned...more from our vacation to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment