Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Leech Lake 2011


At the end of July we went up to Patrick's parents house on Leech Lake for a weekend family vacation. The last time that we were all there was when Jim and Sandy lived there...they now live in Waconia.
We got there late Friday evening and had a fire. Patrick took these first 2 pictures when he woke up early on Saturday morning and did some fishing...so peaceful and absolutely beautiful.
My photo card on my good camera stopped working and I lost all my pics that I had taken Friday night and Saturday on our first boat ride...bummer. Anyway, I think that I got enough good ones...thank God I brought my old camera!
We all had a such a great family vacation!!! We spent so much quality time together with absolutely gorgeous weather...we could not have lucked out more!




Gavin geting used to the sand....


Sophie loves playing in the sand too!








Cute little guy in his diaper!


The water was actually warm in the enormous Leech Lake. We all had sooo much fun taking a dip!


Mama and the kiddos having fun in the water.











Daddy helping the kids build a sand castle and moat.




Love this one of little Gavy hanging on to Daddy.


So sweet.


Soph and Daddy floating away....





Fun in the water with Daddy...











Happy Gav during lunch.


Patrick made us a wonderful dinner that evening...here are Gavin and Mama enjoying some good food...although Gav doesn't look too pleased.


The view of the lake that evening...gorgeous.


Since we had already had dinner, we just decided to go into town to the Chase Hotel and have some dessert and watch the sunset. Here Gavy is having a good old time!







Soph in front of a beautiful sunset.


Yummy chocolate cake!





Sophia and her lovely coloring!


At breakfast the next morning...


Sweet Soph.





Funny guy!






After breakfast we went and took a walk on the beach and explored the area a bit.




One of my faves!


Mama and So-so.


Daddy and Daughter.


Daddy and Son.





Another one of my faves!



We went out and did some fishing after our walk on the beach. Here is Sophia with her little pink fishing rod.










Little G.



























Patrick and I.

What a lovely vacation! Thanks to Jim and Sandy for letting us use your house for the weekend...we all had a blast!


No comments:

Post a Comment